Susan brought still warm from the oven banana bread and JoAnn brought trail/party mix.
The meeting began about 11:25 am
Plan for Pickleball Courts at Viña Vieja Park
- If City staff sticks to their previously stated timeline, they will present a revised concept to the Recreation and Parks Commission at their meeting on Tuesday February 4.
- The agenda for that meeting should be available by the evening of Friday January 31, and posted here: cityofpasadena.net/commissions/agendas/
City Council and Mayor Election March 3
- The primary City election for Mayor and four City Council seats will be March 3rd, at the same time as the Primary Election for federal, state, and county offices.
- Our neighborhood will be voting for Mayor and for the District 4 Councilmember.
- For more information about the City election process, visit the City Clerk’s elections web page:
- Pasadena Now, an online daily Pasadena news site, is managing a list of public candidate forums and debates:
- Here is a news report from one recent candidate forum:
E-Waste and Paper Shredding February 8
- Pasadena Public Works is holding its quarterly E-Waste Collection and Document Shredding event
- February 8
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Brookside Park, Parking Lot I (south of Rose Bowl loop)
- Limit 3 legal size boxes for shredding, and shredding ends early if the shred truck(s) fill up.
- Flyer is here: cityofpasadena.net/event/e-waste-and-document-shredding-event/
Local Crime Summary
- For the last month in our neighborhood, from crimemapping.com: (the time is typically when reported, not when it happened)
- Mon Dec 23, 10:35 am, 3100 block E. Foothill Blvd, Graffiti
- Mon Dec 30, 8:46 am, 3200 block E. Foothill Blvd, Burglary
- Fri Jan 10, 10:22 pm, Estado St & Santa Paula Ave, Grand Theft
anything else attendees wish to discuss
- We chatted about all sorts of things
Next EEWNA meeting is February 15, 2020 at 11:15 am, in Hastings Branch Library meeting room